Saturday 27 November 2010

Very old Italians

I got this lot when I bought my old Minifigs Romans from Graham.  Who got them from Gordon.  Who got them from someone else.  They are, I believe, by Lamming and/or QT.  The reason I know this is because their heads come off, something I found out while I was renovating them. 


There are sixty four of them in total.  They have been doing well in our campaign, so I decided it was time to revamp them.  I straightened/replaced spears and shields and repainted where needed - mostly bold highlights.  I also added Veni Vidi Vici shield transfers to some of them.  Then I rebased the whole lot on the deep bases I favour.  I'm hoping this will give these veterans a new lease of life and protect them from rough handling for a while.  I think these guys must be over thirty years old.

4 comments:

  1. Good evening,
    just found your blog and read it till the beginning and found you using Warrior Miniatures.
    They are really cheao and I wanted to ask you if you can recommend your parthians or should I use other miniatures ?

    Thanks
    WCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for looking. The Warrior Miniatures figures are nice for the price. They aren't especially well detailed by comparison with more modern manufacturers, but this means that they lend themselves well to painting on details such as Persian designs. The main problem is that there are relatively few poses. It might be an idea to buy a few test figures and see what you think?

    Thanks again, and cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you,
    I will mail them and ask for samplers and if I could pay per credit transfer. One more question, do you think warrior miniatures can be mixed well with magister or newline?

    Thank you for your help and spending panting time for me,
    WCT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just asked for advice from another of our club members, who has bought quite a lot of Newline figures. He thinks they are a little bit "chunkier" than the Warrior Miniatures, but he doesn't have much experience of Magister Militum. From memory, though I'd say that Magister Militum should be a reasonably close match, albeit more finely detailed. I think I have seen their Parthians at a games show, and they were really nice.

    I'd definitely recommend buying some samples. I think the main issue will not be the men, but the horses!

    Cheers again
    Paul

    ReplyDelete