Sunday 1 February 2015

On the Painting Tray: February 2015

Work in progress:
24 Companion Miniatures Caesarean Roman cavalry. The command bases are done, but I need to do a little more work to finish the units. The guys at the top of the shot above have embossed round shields for foot standard bearers. I liked these, and I had enough of them to do a cavalry unit, so I kept them for the horsemen. The unit in the foreground has a mix of shields with and without a boss, using LBMS transfers intended for Aventine Velites.
The second photo shows the remainder of the cavalry units, plus a Companion Miniatures Pompey (I think) and another couple of their horsemen to go with him - these will make a nice little command stand. I have also started gluing the Navigator Miniatures Parthian camelphracts I bought in January from Magister Militum.

Work has been unbelievably heavy since the winter break, so I didn't paint anything to completion in January. I am finding the Roman horsemen a bit of a chore after all those legionaries, but to be honest I just needed to do nowt in the evenings after work. I am, though, looking forward to the camels; after that I have a couple of Irregular Miniatures Indian elephants for Hydaspes.

No comments:

Post a Comment